Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Evangelism ...

Being Evangelist for Wiktionaryz ... not always an easy task ... and quite a lot of responsibility ...

The other day I received a mail - I'm not going to tell you by who, being it a private mail - telling me to "Use the title with great pride!" This came a from a person I higly esteem and I herewith would like to say: Thank you! I needed it in just that moment.

When it comes to evangelism most of what I learnt comes from one single person: Guy Kawasaki. Very often I am not sure if I am doing the right thing - of course many steps are planned - many others instead are just the result of what I feel that needs to be done.

If you have your dream and hesitate to make it become true, the only advice I can give you is: live your dream and chances are high that it will become true. I would also very much like to suggest you to read some of Guy's books (a list is also present on Wikipedia) and his blog. My personal favourites are Rules for Revolutionaries, How to Drive your Competition Crazy and the latest one The Art of the Start, which truly helps a lot considering that WiktionaryZ actually is a non-profit project under an open license.

Strange postings these days, right? Not much about language industry, WiktionaryZ, OmegaT etc. ... well, yes, I still feel strange (see the WiktionaryZ effect ;-).

No comments:

Khalil Gibran über die Musik

Die Musik wirkt wie die Sonne, die alle Blumen des Feldes mit ihrem Strahlen zum Leben erweckt. ( Khalil Gibran ) Image by Pete Linforth fr...