Monday, March 27, 2006

... making work in the language industry fun again ...

That is the slogan of wordsandmore.org. It is not going to be one of the normal translator's portals ... no ... it is going to be a foundation ... not for profit. It sounds strange, doesn't it? It is not the usual thing one would expect from a portal ... well: the world is changing and time is due - due for what are you asking? To make work in the language industry fun again ... too many years of endless discussions, on the Italian side about the so called "albo" ... all things aimed to have us pay ... but in these times, where business is not the easiest for many ... well ... a foundation then.

I just put the message on wesolveitnet.com that contents are going to be transferred to wordsandmore.org ... I feel like closing a door and not being able to go back ... I feel as if something is happening and I do not even appreciate what it is ... I only know: the "Wind of changes" is blowing ... five years ago it was more a kind of a slight breeze, but you could already feel it. Today it is a storm ... almost a hurricane ... when I first set up an .org domain approx. five years ago people reacted strange ... well, then because of that I went away from that idea ... then there was wesolveitnet.com and people accepted it - there is a growing community, mainly readers ... and today ... after having worked a lot within the "free world of knowledge" ... the projects of the wikimedia foundation ... I go back to my original idea ... many will call me a bit mad to go that way ... well, no, it is the way to go - it was the way to go from the beginning ...

A foundation ... not for profit ... a place to co-operate for all ... a place to give back value to the work we do ... a place to meet ... a place to stay ... the place to make work in the language industry fun again ...

Wind of changes ... I don't mind you coming.

No comments:

Khalil Gibran über die Musik

Die Musik wirkt wie die Sonne, die alle Blumen des Feldes mit ihrem Strahlen zum Leben erweckt. ( Khalil Gibran ) Image by Pete Linforth fr...