Sunday, June 30, 2019

Harvesting time for berries is at it's highest point :-)

A short update from my side ... it is really hot over here  - African heat. 32°C at 8 PM. We just came back from the garden of my father-in-law. There were so many redcurrants and gooseberries to harvest ... well ... now my family gets
some food and I still have to translate a bit. Tomorrow is preserving time ... of course jam, some liqueur, some just preserved without water in cans (glasses) ... and then I need recipes ... I will have a look at the Austrian kitchen. They have quite some recipes when it comes to sweet dishes.
Do you have any recipes for cooking a meal with berries?

And again the picture above, just a little bigger.


Ehm yes, the red currants are a bit dirty, but water will do the trick :-)



No comments:

Khalil Gibran über die Musik

Die Musik wirkt wie die Sonne, die alle Blumen des Feldes mit ihrem Strahlen zum Leben erweckt. ( Khalil Gibran ) Image by Pete Linforth fr...