Friday, May 03, 2019

Cook what you have - May 1st, 2019

Well, yesterday was cook with what you have day ... so I had a look in my vegetable basket for stuff that needs to urgently be eaten. And there was
  • one hokkaido
  • one huge leek which I bought as being "not so nice anymore"
  • one tomato
  • one carrot
  • sunflower oil
  • Salt
  • Chilie
And there you go ...

First I added some oil into my pot and then added the leek after having cut it in small pieces.


Then I added the hokkaido cut into small pieces.


Please do never throw away the seeds of squash ... I will show you in nother blog, what you can do with them.


Then I cut the tomato and the carrot into small pieces.


And added them in my pot.


I just kept stir-frying all for a couple of minutes.


Then I added salt. A tablespoon full of salt I would say.


And a teaspoon of chilie.


I mixed it well and had everything stir-fry some more.



Since my family loves creamy stews, I added three tablespoons of flour.


And again I went on stirring ... and frying :-)


As next step I added aprroximately 1,5 litres of water and let the vegetables boil until they are almost fine to eat.


That's the moment, when my Italian years come throug ... I added approximately 300 grams of noodles (also spaghetti broken into small pieces are fine). And let everything cook until the noodles are how you prefer them (mine are always rather al dente ...).


Well, and here you go ... that's what it looks like just before eating. I just sprinkled some dried parsley on top. Btw. I always get parsley from a neighbour, since it simply doesn't like my garden ... it won't grow.


P.S.: And yes, this is a one pot meal - I truly love to cook things in just "one pot" :-)

No comments:

Khalil Gibran über die Musik

Die Musik wirkt wie die Sonne, die alle Blumen des Feldes mit ihrem Strahlen zum Leben erweckt. ( Khalil Gibran ) Image by Pete Linforth fr...