Thursday, July 13, 2006

Ubuntu ... and passing over step by step to linux

Well, up to some weeks ago linux did not work on my laptop. Today I downloaded the latest live-CD of Ubuntu and: it works!!!! This means that this week-end I will create a partition of my hard disk (well Ubuntu does this for me) and install the software. Having a partition means that I can still work with my windows-software, if needed, but I can choose with which Operating System I work. Let's see if everything works smoothly - I hope so and I will let you know.

1 comment:

gringo said...

Good luck with Ubuntu Sabine! I installed it recently and I love it.

Khalil Gibran über die Musik

Die Musik wirkt wie die Sonne, die alle Blumen des Feldes mit ihrem Strahlen zum Leben erweckt. ( Khalil Gibran ) Image by Pete Linforth fr...